I have abandoned this blog for months. Last time I wrote it was approaching Halloween. Now, Christmas is just around the corner!
So what has happened in the time between? Let’s see…
- My dad flew out to the Bay Area to visit my brother, uncle, and me. It was the first time he and my brother got to meet, and we all had a wonderful time. My dad has such a calming presence. He’s not one of those people who always “has to have their say”. As someone who has a history of being high anxiety and tightly wound, being around him is refreshing.
- I flew to Lisbon with my awesome colleagues from WordPress.com’s VIP team for a meetup, and it was fabulous. I’ll do an entry on that later, too!
- I’ve done a lot of soul-searching and thinking this year. I’ll write more about this in another entry. I struggled a lot with depression earlier this year. I have my ups and downs, still, but I’m happy to say that I’m starting to have a more realistic understanding of the world, and more realistic expectations for all areas of my life. I no longer identify myself with negative labels.
- I’ve fallen in love with running! I wrote about how I was training for my first 5K. Well, I kept up the training and saw much improvement. On Thanksgiving Day, I ran my first 5K in a local Turkey Trot race. I’ll write about that in another entry as well. It was a fantastic experience, and I walked around with a “runners’ high” all day. Plus I set a personal speed record. Just this past weekend, I ran 5.1 miles for the first time! I look forward to continuing to train and improving even more!
- I go to Pilates classes at my local gym and do toning workouts at home to stay in the best shape I can. My goal is to celebrate my body by being proud of what it can do. Plus exercise keeps me happy.
- I’m starting to review WordPress themes for the WordPress.org Theme Review Team. This will help me give back to the wonderful WordPress community as well as make me a better themer by getting regular practice with reviewing other people’s code.
- I’ve fallen in love with Tarot and Oracle cards. I do weekly readings for myself as a way of reconnecting with the Mysterious Universe. Nah, haha. Each weekly reading basically gives me tidbits of insight to focus on throughout the week. These lessons in the cards have been a large part of my soul-searching and have done wonders to reel me back in whenever negative thoughts get the better of me. I’m happy to say that the quality of my life has improved ten-fold ever since I started using the cards regularly. I think it’s because I made a conscious effort to focus on the meaning of the cards and apply them to my life. Done regularly, it really does work.
That’s all for now, I would like to make a bigger effort to blog more!