This site is a place for learning and exploration. It is my springboard, my radio, my palette, my writing pad. It is my center for expressing myself to the world as well as for exploring the world.
I like lists of fun facts. Since my life changes regularly, I can add and remove items as needed. 🙂
- I work for Automattic as a Special Projects Wrangler. It’s a dream job.
- I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in late summer 2011.
- In spring 2012 I discovered dragon boat racing and joined a local team. It’s one of my favorite hobbies.
- I discovered running in 2014 and train informally whenever I can. I ran my first 5K on Thanksgiving Day, 2014.
- I sang in choirs from 5th grade through college and beyond. I’m a choir geek.
- I love and appreciate my family and friends.
- I love cats. In 2012 I adopted a rescue kitty named Harmony. She’s my baby. There will be plenty of photos of her on this blog.
- I love astronomy.
- I love to read.
- I like to write and used to do so all the time as a hobby. These days I spend a lot of time developing characters. One day I’ll get around to writing stories for them to star in.
- I took piano lessons as a kid. I quit as a teen. I started playing again on and off over the past few years, and I’m slowly re-building a repertoire of songs.
- I have a mild hearing loss and have worn hearing aids since I was 6 years old.
- I’m an airplane nut.
- I have a silly and talkative side that comes out if I’m thawed-out enough.
- I still love and enjoy the books, music, videos, movies, TV shows and toys from my childhood.
- I don’t care what anyone says — TV was 100 times better in the ’90s than the cheapo stuff coming out these days.
- In 2014 I gave up cable for good; in favor of the Roku stick. I haven’t looked back since!
- I started reading Tarot and Oracle cards in 2014. This regular practice has had a positive impact on my life.